13 February 2012

Shopping Profile: Jaimie Love


Where are you from: Calgary, AB Canada 

Current location: New York City 

Do you have a fashion blog?  j. loves style 

What drives your purchases? 
What doesn't drive my purchases! If I see an accessory, cool print or top, the first thing that comes to mind is how I can style and mix it with my existing wardrobe. 

Shopping Desires: 
God! Okay, I buy things that make me feel happy, so whether that is a certain color, or print; I'm usually driven by pieces that make me feel happy. I like accessories that pull together complete outfits. I like the little things that add to an outfit. 

How do you react to trends? 
I'm usually slow to pick up on a trend. I don't necessarily follow what's on trend at a given time. If there is a specific trend that I like, I tend to buy pieces within that area. For example, The Aztec trend. I'll buy pieces along that theme.  I feel like I buy trends when they are no longer in trend anymore. 

Fave brands, if any? 
My favorite brand would be Ann Taylor Loft. I'm also going to say J Crew. I like the simplistic, classic sort of  style.  I can accessorize classic,chic and simple styles with accessories; a piece of jewelry, handbag, shoes.

Favorite online shops: 
None, really.

Fave item to buy each season: 
Fall- Boots
Winter- A Coat 
Spring- I love Spring dresses, but dont necessarily look for new ones every Spring. 
Summer-  Purse or bag, I like two switch up from a basic black or brown and switch to a bright colored bag or a pattern/print. 

Can't live without: 
My knee high boots! 

Where do you find most of your wardrobe pieces these days? 
Lately I've been shopping at local thrift stores and flea markets. I like the idea of mixing vintage with new items to complete a look. I like to balance classic, timeless pieces, with something very trendy at the moment.

"Love" the clustered necklace.
"Love" the bold red with the muted tones.
"Love" the Navy stripes.
"Love" the floral.

Thank you Jaimie! 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting... Sounds like she may be an impulse buyer?

    Also, she sounds anti-trend? Why? Is that a trend? ;-)

    I;m shocked!!! so amazed she does no online shopping!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

© turquoise and pink, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena